Symantec endpoint protection 12 virus definitions not updating
The folder "\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Live Update\Downloads" has lots of folders, but "\Program Files\Symantec\Endpoint Protection Manager\Inetpub\content" is empty except for an empty "Content Info.txt" file.
I The status of the definition updates are still the same. Kind regards, mustekkzn Do you wonder if your IT business is truly profitable or if you should raise your prices?I have made no changed to any internet/firewall settings. 053" As per my screenshot, my console is showing the following: 2010-01-11 rev. As per above mentioned link, I have done the test with the below results: b. Run a packet capture and contact support for analysis Check Connectivity between SEP & SEPM: PASSED - 1.Do a Secars test to Test Connectivity between SEP and SEPM Testing Communication from an Endpoint Protection client to the Endpoint Protection Manager In Progress - 2.I found this in a Symantec article: Verify that the SEPM content is updated: a.To verify that the SEPM content has been updated, look in the following folder: "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manger\Inetpub\content\" b. This is the date and build number of the definition set installed. Do you wonder if your IT business is truly profitable or if you should raise your prices?
Learn how to calculate your overhead burden using our free interactive tool and use it to determine the right price for your IT services. I have run a number of tests that I found in one of the Symantec documents, to test the client - server communication and all appears to be OK.
As far as I understand it, the folder C:\Program Files\Symantec\Endpoint Protection Manager\Inetpub\content is where clients get updates from ... Live Update put's it's stuff in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Live Update\D After 2 days of trying and 2.5 hours on the phone to Symantec support, it was not possible to get Endpoint Protection working on our server (we only have one server).
It worked perfectly on my laptop but that's not a suitable location for it.
I then reinstalled, following the Symantec "Best Practice" for SBS 2003 Servers.
The Clients appear in the client list and I can send instructions such as "Disable Network Threat Protection" to the client from the server and it works.
Other details, such as policy updates, enable/disable features, etc all work from the server to the client.